You've arrived at my personal website which has evolved over the past 11 years, since I realised that the internet was something to come to terms with and embrace whole heartedly.
I'm a project based freelance composer and musician, teacher and lecturer. I use this site to share my music, photos and research and to dabble in HTML code etc. Please click on links and explore the content of these web pages. Occasionally I am asked to do work by people who pass by here or acquaintances want to catch up after a while. Whatever your reason for visiting these web pages, I hope you find something interesting, you may wish to contact me via e-mail.
I am happily married to Liz with whom I share a love of music, nature, photography, walking and life. We live near Blandford Forum in Dorset. We have a small studio in which to work on music projects. Recording and performing with various music groups is my passion. I travel to Birmingham to lecture at the Birmingham Conservatoire for part of the week and teach music, music technology and instruments in local schools and colleges. Private Pupils - children and adults, beginners and advanced - receive lessons by appointment.
Skills & Services
Do you have a project which can make use of my particularly skills? No project is too small or too large, if you have something you'd like me to help you with, or you just want some advice or consultation about matters musical, get in touch.
- Private Teaching: Information about my teaching practice and methods, to e-mail an enquiry click here
- Curriculum Vitae: my CV to view and download - this is password protected, click here to get a password.
- Short Biography: a thumbnail sketch of my life.
You are welcome to browse and download music to use for your own personal use, not for commercial purposes or resale.
- Scores available on the Scorch pages use a plug-in that displays and plays the written score.
- A catalogue offers links to some selected scores.
- NEW! MixPod is an embedded video player with a Playlist I have made called Significant Classics which contains music that has had a dramatic effect on me personally.
Over 2,000 photos from our travels are hosted on flickr - probably the best online photo sharing and management tool on the internet. We love taking photos and creating series of themes or topics, such as Four Feet. While we're not professional photographers as such, a number of our photos have been used on websites and we get an average of an enquiry every month to use our photos. They're published using the Creative Commons licence, more details of which can be seen on the flickr pages.